Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 07:13:13 -0500
Your recent "news" about colloidal silver doesn't come as much of a
surprise really, Zen.  For one thing:

1) It's not legal to prescribe or practice medicine without a license...
   ANY type of medicine.  It sounds like that's exactly what these people
   were doing.  It would have been no more legal had they been "pushing"
   prescription drugs, herbals, or any other medicine without a medical
   license.

2) They were "prescribing" colloidal silver as a cancer treatment.  I've
   never heard much about its use in conjunction with cancer, and when it
   used to be used in hospitals (before the invention of penicillin), it
   was as an antibiotic.

Silver is still used in burn wards as an antibiotic .... but never against
cancer, as far as I know.  I can't imagine any reason it would work against
cancer, since cancer isn't caused by bacteria.

There will always be quacks who attempt to practice medicine without a
license, or who claim that because a product is good in ONE area, it will
work to cure EVERYTHING.  People like that are dangerous, and deserve to
be checked.  This does not, however, mean that colloidal silver (or other
products that people might claim are good against "everything") do not work
well in specific applications *which they are designed for*.

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483