From:
Joanne Bertin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 08:30:28 -0400
Thanks for the information about cataracts and glaucoma, Dr. Weiss; I hadn't
realized there might be a tie-in.  Chaos seems to be fine right now (he's
very bouncy and I know I don't feel like that when I have a headache <g>)
but he'll be going to the vet for tests and to have that eye looked at.

Gary--I live in Connecticut so a vet visit to Phoenix is a little out of the
way. :)  But thanks for the e-mail.  I do get out to Arizona about once a
year to visit a friend.  But she lives near Tucson, so even when I'm "in the
neighborhood"--relatively speaking-- I'm still not really too close.  And I
don't think Chaos would enjoy the plane trip; leaving the house is not his
idea of a good time.  ("Me? Go outside, Mom?  Whaddya, nuts?!  Sit down and
let me climb into your lap.")

A note that some might find amusing/interesting:  my boyfriend works as an
educational aide in a public grammar school.  His special charge is a first
grader who is ADD (attention-deficit disorder, or something like that) and
is very disruptive at times.  Sam has worked out an incentive program for
the child; the child's behavior is evaluated several times a day and points
are awarded for good behavior. (They are never deducted for bad; this is
purely positive reinforcement.)  When a certain number of points are
reached, the child can make special requests.  The #1 request?  A ferret
visit from one of our crew.  Nothing like getting 'em while they're young
and teaching them the joys of weasels. :)

--Joanne, Sam, and the Weasel Patrol (Chaos, Havoc, Mayhem, and
                                      Total Disaster)