From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1992 13:33:58 -0500
I recently received a phone call from someone who plans to push for
legalization in New York City.  (Ferrets are legal in the rest of the state).
He has consulted a lawyer, has a couple of ideas as to how to go about it,
and is pretty optimistic about succeeding.

He needs to know how much support he can count on.  Support can come in the
form of encouragement, letter writing, donation of time or services, and help
with the costs of litigation.  Note that he does NOT think that the fight will
be too expensive (lawyer said about $500) or time consuming, but he still
feels that it would be important to know what he can count on if he runs into
problems.

He understands some people want to remain anonymous, or at least discrete,
since he, too, feels a bit paranoid about the situation.  I offered to post
this note and forward any responses to him.

If anyone out there has something to offer, you can send me electronic mail,
([log in to unmask]) or send snail mail (P.O. Box 258, Meridale, NY 13806)
and I will forward it to him.

Bill Gruber