From:
Anjie Nuzzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:46:23 -0500
Hi FML,
I have had my new ferrets for a few weeks now and everything is going
fairly ok.  They aren't like my first ferret at all.  They are very
subdued and I hardly ever hear them dook.  I've only seen one war dance
from the girl and haven't seen even one from the boy.  They aren't too
naughty, although the boy stole a candy cane full of m and m's and he is
still a little nippy.  My concern is this: My mom is making a few carry
bags for them so that I can take them on short trips to nearby friendly
stores.  The girl is very friendly so I'm not worried about her, but
Torque(the boy) does have times when he can be nippy towards me and my
family.  He's never broken any skin and only bit even remotely hard one
time, but I don't want him to scare people or make them think he's
dangerous or anything.  Would it be best to leave him home on outings or
is there a way to teach him not to be nippy.  Everytime he is nippy I
scruff him, say no loudly and give him a 5 minute time out in his cage.
He's doing it less and less frequently so it seems to be working, but do
you expert ferret people think its ok to still take him out to stores?
Please e-mail me since I haven't had time to read the FML lately.

Thanks in advance

Anjie
Itty-bitty: the good girl
Torque: the big goofy boy