From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1993 21:15:55 -0500
anonymous please

[You might as well not bother putting the "anon" in your From: line.
Your mailer puts your real email address in there anyways, and as a matter
of course, I always clobber the whole thing]

Hi all.  I've been getting ahold of copies of the FML through Compuserve
(much thanks to Katie Fritz) but now I'm finally on the list.  I've just
recently entered the wonderful world of ferrets, although I had to do it
discreetly as I'm in a ferret free zone.  I will be moving to the Las Vegas,
NV area in the near future (as soon as we can sell a house here) so
hopefully I'll be able to post publicly soon.

Anyway, the new addition to our family is Nugget, a sable convenience kit.
She's approx. 8 wks old now and doing great.  When we got her the pet store
said she was "about" 7 wks and her "operation" hadn't fully healed.  She had
a small scab on her belly about 1.5 inches up from her anus.  This has since
gone away.  I've found that many vets in our area (Southern California) will
treat ferrets.. most of them are of the attitude "it might be illegal to own
ferrets, but it's not illegal to treat them."  I found a vet about a mile
and a half away that has had a lot of ferret experience, so that's where
Nugget will be going for her next distemper shot at 12 wks.  Also, the pet
store around the corner from us carries ferret harnesses and Ferret Glow
shampoo (which is darn expensive, I'll stick to baby shampoo).  The manager
told me that they have more ferret related customers than rabbit related
customers.

All of this background info does actually lead to a couple questions.
Everything I've read says ferrets *LOVE* linatone, but Nugget turns up her
nose at it.  She'll eat it if I put a few drops on her food, but if I try to
give her a drop on my finger, she won't take it.  Anyone else have a ferret
that doesn't like linatone?  Also, when we got Nugget, the pet store gave us
a card to mail that was a "Neuter & Descent Guarantee."  This was mailed to:

MFU
5800 Lake Bluff Rd
North Rose, NY  14516-9795

Is this a breeder or what?  By the way, I didn't use my So. Cal address on
the card.. I used my girlfriend's sister's address in Vegas. :)

The Friends of Nugget the Fewocious Fewwet