From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 19:45:25 -0400
Hello everyone,

Last night was awful!  At 3:45 A.M.  I was awakened by a bizarre noise.  I
realized it was Monkey and I jumped out of bed and ran over to her cage.  I
wear contacts so I was blind as a bat since they were out - plus it was
pitch black.  I see Monkey jumping around in her cage and screaming and yell
to my SO to turn on the lights.  Monkey was hacking and kind of throwing up,
but not much was coming out.  I wasn't sure what was wrong and suddenly I
realized she was choking on something.  I remembered reading on the FML
sometime back about someone who Heimlich'd their ferret, but I couldn't
remember how.  Then suddenly out came a peice of carrot - don't ask me where
she got it from.  My So took her and tried to Heimlich'd her a little to see
if anything else would come out, but she seemed okay.  She wasn't struggling
to get down like usual so we were kind of worried and sat there watching her
for about 10 more minutes.  She just seemed tired and unhappy.  By the
morning she was back to her perky diabolical self, but boy what a scare.

Also, I am beginning to wonder if soap could have caused the one bald spot
on Jitterbug's back.  I have caught her now several times climbing into the
bathtub and licking the soap.  So maybe she isn't adrenal after all.  I do
want to thank all of you who have been giving me suggestions regarding the
treatment of adrenal disease and I hope a vet will respond to my earlier
post at some time (as I am not really sure it IS adrenal).  Thanks again to
everyone.

Love and Dooks,

     Katlin