From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 19:19:45 -0400
Hello everyone,

I noticed someone wrote in the otherday about a ferret which ran out the
door while he was putting his bike outside.  If you all remember my ferret,
Jitterbug, managed to sneak out the front door once too (Remember the UPS
man who took her home and then lied to me about animal control picking her
up so that he could keep her?).  Well, since then I picked up a very simple,
fairly cheap way to prevent that from happening again.  A collar with a
small metal bell.  Both my ferrets jingle when they are loose in the house
which helps me make sure they don't sneak out unseen.  It also helps when
you can't find them AND makes it much less likely to accidently step on one
or roll a chair with casters over one.

Unfortunately after about 5 months Monkey managed to break her bell so I am
currently looking for a new collar for her.  If anyone knows where I can
mail order one with those plastic pieces that push together and snap
closed(no metal buckles, no velcro), please e-mail me.  She always manages
to get out of velcro and the metal buckles.

Happy ferreting.

Katlin, Jitterbug and Monkey