From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:48:11 -0500
Pat Martin wrote:
>Also, as I am bringing my ferrets to the vet almost daily (she is gracious
>enough not to charge me for those visits--I am extremely thankful) I know
>that at some point I will wear out my welcome.  How risky is it for me to
>give my ferrets subcutaneous injections at home?  My vet said that she would
>teach me, but advised me against it.

Pat, we have only had to do subcutaneous injections on one of our ferrets
(fortunately, the most docile one!).  It is not that difficult, especially
if the ferret's attention is on the Nutracal that he's chowing down rather
than the needle in his skin.  Depends on how confident you feel about
needles and such.

Lots of luck,

Sara and Kurt and the twelve fuzzies