From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:52:53 -0500
Please everyone continue to share information. And please, those
responding, keep it polite whether you agree or disagree. Sometimes
when we can't reach the same agreement after sharing our information,
we need to politely agree to disagree.

We use the same type of lupron (not depot) that Ann does and we've also
seen that it works, also, others that I know that use it have too.

This has long been a controversial subject. I've discussed it many
times with our vet and we are treating based on results we've seen in
using it. Whatever the science behind it, I can honestly say in our
experience, it does have mixed results (as to working - though I've
personally not seen it made symptoms worse) and I've also seen the
same mixed results with Lupron Depot and Deslorelin.

Bottom line, each of us needs to talk to our vet, research the
information (scientific and empirical), then make our own decision
on how to treat adrenal disease in the ferrets in our care.

Thank you.
Respectfully, tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org