From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 10:59:59 -0500
Hooray for the good news about NIP!  11 days seems like a record poor guy.
Also am very sorry about the ferret kids who have gone on.  I lost my cat of
13 years lasy July and am still struggling with it.  I would like to thank
Quidini's mom for keeping us informed on a potential problem that could
affect anyone.  This thing with the brownish-red spot appearing and
disappearing on the stomach needs to looked into.

A few comments regarding some posts: to the guy with the new kit and litter
digging problems.  My solution was simple, give up and switch to newspaper.
Its on carpet runner squares in the corners of rooms and though they're out
all the time there is a "litter" box with cut squares of paper under the
kitchen sink they occasionally use.  About the smell of recently neutered
hob.  I can't attest to the hob scent when they are in season - I tried and
didn't make it that long.  Boris got neutered before that because his urine
smelled so STRONG - really stunk up the place.  I had him checked for every
infection - neutering made his urine smell much less.  So I don't understand
how people have hob's indoors - of course he was usually peeing on linoleum
not litter which I'm sure didn't help.  Face rubbing; when I saw Giesela
doing it I thought it was so cute - but actually she was feeling very sick
and I didn't know it yet, she did that right before i had to take her in for
surgery.  I haven't seen her do it since.  Though they do like back rubs
when there just waking up:)

I have only had my ferts since last Aug and I have had a lot of trouble
ferret proofing.  I just had no idea of the range of things a ferret will
eat.  I was wondering if it would be a good idea for everyone to send a list
of things there ferrets had ingested and whether it caused a problem to
someone (me?)to creat a list to be included as an attachment to the FAQ.
This might help newbies ferret proof better.  What do you think Pam?  Anyone
who wants to can send me ferret ingested item stories to the above address
or MaryS100.aol.com.  I have kept some of the more colorful and spectacular
items (red rubber, green foam, blue sponge) in baggies as a sort of "hall of
fame" to remind me to keep that stuff put away!

Mary, Boris and Giesela