From:
Margaret Eakin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 1995 19:34:00 MDT
  I have just recently subscribed to FML.  I had a wonderful ferret named
Taffy.  She was the first ferret I had owned.  I worked for a vet in Twin
Falls, ID. who allowed me to bring her to work every day.  We went almost
everywhere togather.  In April we went to visit relatives, they didn't care
musch for my beautiful baby and she was left at home.  She really wanted to
go too.  Some water was left in the bathtub and we found her later that
night when we returned home.  She had drowned.  I cried for days.  I told my
mother what happened and she told me that a spiritual hole had opened up
because of the Oklahoma tradgedy and many "special pets" were passing on to
assist those taken before thier time to help them through this period.  I
felt a little bit better about my beloved Taffy passing.   The ferret
breeder that gave Taffy to me felt so bad she promised me a new kit.  I
could hardly wait I saw her newborn and checked on her a few times after.
She finally allowed me to take her at 4 weeks of age (I was so excited).  I
bottled feed her and mushed her out.  I named her Kizzy.  Kizzy is now a
budding 10 weeks and doing great, she is one of the lights in my life and is
loved dearly.  Nothing can replace my Precious and few Taffy, but my little
Kizzy bang helps to mend my broken heart.

Maggie May of Idaho