From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:32:02 -0500
Jennifer writes
>Brewer's Yeast: good source of protein and Chromium, which regulates
>blood sugar levels, and is one of the best natural sources of several
>B-complex vitamins.

Chromium LOWERS blood sugar--since diabetes is a bigger problem than low
blood sugar in humans, cats and dogs, this is a good thing.  But Chromium
will lower the blood sugar even if it is already normal or low, so this
is a bad thing for ferrets with insulinoma.

I don't believe it is known however if the amounts present in brewers
yeast is enough to have a real effect.  But I'd recommend avoiding it.

Linda

International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org