From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:50:49 EST
I hadn't used Gerber in a while.  But my son bought a heap load last
store visit.  I opened up the jar, and I really was taken back.  It
almost smelled bad.  It smelled like rotten eggs with a bitter
aftersmell.  That's when I remembered this post.  And I checked, yeah
starch is in there.  Don't know if it always was or not.  I used the
food, and so far noone is sick and the poops are formed and hardy.
Very strange though, no doubt.  It doesnt even smell like chicken.  I
was really surprised that my ferrets ate it without reservation given
the huge difference in smell.  Go figure.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com