From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 00:38:25 -0400
Hello my dear friends.  I have some very sad news to share with you.
Many of you have watched, sent well wishes and good thoughts for Rufus
since December when he came to us near death's door.  though it made many
people sad, i am now happy to have him here with me, across the Bridge.
Rufus fought for so long and though he tried to hold on, he was just too
weak.  His foster mommie, Olympia and my mommie (along with many others)
will miss him terribly.  He is now whole, dancing and peeing normally up
here.  He has loads of energy and is watching over his human friends
from here.

The shelter took in a few cuties this week.

First came Tiger.  His owner had passed away and the family of his owner
had no idea Tiger was even in the house.  They came, took the dog and
cats and left poor Tiger behind.  Two weeks later, Tiger's owner;s home
was demolished.  we have NO idea how this little mostly blind fert
survived a house demolition but he did.  A neighbor found Tiger outside
in the rubble trying to eat a fork.  Tiger was sooooo hungry!  He is
still very think and weak but is starting to come out of his shell.  We
estimate him to be about 4-5 years old.

Our next little one came in as a stray from a local animal pound.  On
Saturday, auntie Tanya went to pick him up and bring him to mommie to get
an ADV test.  mommie took one look at him and freaked out!  he is WELL
endowed!  Many of the shelter volunteers were at mommie's to help get
ready for the IFC Ferret Aid conference.  They all took turns admiring
the 'manhood' of this little guy.  He happily obliged them all and even
went around 'marking' everyone in the room as his!  In the end, it was
unanimously decided to call him R.J.  (Ron Jeremy, porn star or Rick
James, rock star).  mommie sayz it will be a shame to "cut those things
off" but realizes that poor R.J is feeling quite amorous and frustrated.
Mommie says as soon as he's gained some weight, "they'll have to come
off!".  Mommie figures that R.J isn't much older than a year.

Then there is 'no name'.  She doesn't have a name yet because none of
our volunteers have met her yet!  She's in an animal hospital, brought
in as a stray and has adrenal disease.  She'll be coming into the shelter
system as soon as mommie finds a foster home for her.  i'll update you
on her next week!

Until then......

All my love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html