From:
Marta /Cricket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 00:23:49 PDT
Ok, here is a question I'm not sure anyone can answer, but I'll ask
anyhow......

I've heard that emptying a ferret litter box outside in specific areas
can deter other animals from coming around.....here is our problem.  My
boyfriend and I live in a rural area with lots of critters here there and
everywhere.  There are a lot of Jack Rabbits here, and believe it or not,
I have the pleasure to watch families of prairie dogs play as I drive into
town each day.  Anyhow, we have put in a garden for the first time.  We
just noticed yesterday that one of the corn stalks has been nibbled on....
we are assuming rabbits.  Well, we do not want our garden eaten up, but
neither me or Bert would EVER set a trap....so I was wondering if a heavy
dose of ferret poop around the outside edges of the garden would deter any
critters.....Ok, do I sound crazy enough???

Bert wondered how in the would I would ever broach this subject with all
of you lovely folks.  *shrug* I told him I'd be blunt *grin*....so if any
of you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks