From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:50:36 -0400
Hi

>Time is running fast and is time he gets his second shot (after a year)
>to protect him from distemper.  We live in Mexico City and ferrets are
>not common pets.  In fact he has been vaccinated with dog vaccine that
>protects agains distemper and other two diseases its name is: Canigen
>MHA2 Puppy from laboratories Virbac.

This is bad. : (   Please read the ferret vaccination protocol at
http://www.ferret.org/vaccinations.htm

The vaccine you mentioned is not tested or approved for use in ferrets.
It may or may not be effective.  It may or may not be harmful.

Please have your vet procure the proper vaccines.  Note also, that to
insure canine distemper immunity you'll need to have him vaccinated and
then re-vaccinated two weeks later.

Best wishes,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
visit the Sage Ferrets web site at