Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 1980 02:28:28 -0500
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for responding to my post
about ferret mortality.  i will just keep doing what I am doing, expect the
worst but always hope for the best.  He gets a lot of care, excercise, good
food, the house to roam, daily outings and is spoiled to death to say the
least.

I wanted to ask if anyone here knows how to keep them from going in the
bathroom cabinets?  I have a heavy wooden step stool I keep in front of one
of them but the other bathroom is left ungarded.  All harmful chemicals are
up too high for him to get, my house is child proofed and so are my cabinets
but that doesnt stop him from squeezing his slinky little body into the
door!  He eats SOAP BARS!!  EEEK!!  When I first got him he would try to
lick the soap on the side of the sink while giving him a bath...ok easy
enough to remedy....move the soap from licking distance.... I have to hide
all the soap in the higer cabinets but that poses a problem cause I am out
of room from everything else being in there!  I doubt the amount of soap he
has eaten will kill him as he is still alive but I don't like his preffered
Ivory soap treat.  I'd rather he didn't eat any at all.  I thought he had
stopped eating soap until I found a chewed up bar still in its wrapper on
the floor this morning.  Anyone with door locking advice?

Thank you all again you are very very helpful,

Kathy (hey gimmie that soap!)
Sosha (Yummy! Ivory soap doesn't only float, it tastes good too!)