From:
CGarcia737 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:53:30 EST
I, too, have missed the adventures of Sarge and the FLO.  I do so hope he
gets online again and updates us on what he has been up to.

Really, folks, lets start being "nice" again.  It's been one long series of
"wars" on the FML lately.  We can disagree without being nasty, can't we?

One thing we all have in common is we love ferrets, right?  So let's
remember that.  And even if we have to answer the same question twenty times
a year, SO WHAT?  Sometimes people are new, sometimes they miss things, it
happens.  Referring them to the faqs are great.  It's a useful tool, believe
me.  But let's not make someone feel stupid for asking a question, even if
it was answered twenty times already.  Remember when you were new?
Everything was a question.  (I didn't even know what a "dook" was, much less
the "weasel war dance" or the really important things.) Thanks to all of you
who answered my seemingly inane questions politely and offered you help.
You're gems.  There are no stupid questions, folks.  And it would be a shame
to make someone feel there's are.

Also, while I'm at it, I would like to clarify something.  I use "Behind The
Zion Curtain" in my signature line.  Someone pointed out to me recently (and a
big THANK YOU VERY MUCH to you, you know who you are) that some people could
be offended by it.  It is NOT a nasty dig at the LDS Church (the Mormons).  I
was told that one by a Mormon friend when I moved out here.  It just refers to
living in Utah.  Some things here seem "weird", but some of these things are
also really good.  Just like any place you live.  Some things are good, some
are weird, but they are part of the local "culture."  I've lived here a long
time now, and I can recognize these things.  Maybe sometimes I poke fun, in
good humor, at the predominate religion (like they do themselves, too) but I
also poke fun at the Catholics (I am one) and everyone else.  It's all in good
humor.  There's good and bad in everything and everyone.  I'm not perfect, and
I don't expect anyone else to be either.  That's part of our allure and what
makes us interesting

Anyhow, I'm off the soapbox now.  Let's remember to be kind to each other.
It doesn't cost anything, and the rewards are great.  And if I offend
anyone, please feel free to contact me.  Nine times out of ten I didn't mean
to offend, and will be happy to publicly apologize if I have.

Thanks folks.

Catherine, Pato, Snowball and Hubert
Behind The Zion Curtain