From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:39:19 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was doing her usual thing
which was sweeping out the cottage. What with two little kits running
around all day in and out, this kept her mighty busy. Fortunately
today they were off playing with friends. She could get caught up with
everything. However...she heard a knock on her door and when she opened
it, there was Dexter, de little boy courier, with a note in his paw.

He said, "Hi SawaFewwet, bet you thought I was gone, but I just left
for a little while. Anyway I have a note from the Boss that this fewwet
is cwossing the Bwidge and his daddy is wequesting you gweet him and
there is something about a twuck. I don't understand it. Is there
anyone you want me get?'

He handed me the note and I thought to myself, "Gee I wish he would
quit reading the notes first, but oh well." So I scanned the whole note
to see what he had missed and asked Dexter to go pick up the requested
fuzzies. (I so hoped he would get the correct species, instead of
rabbits like he did one time--where in the heck did he get those
rabbits anyway). I flew off to the entrance hoping I would be in time
to meet the little fuzzy, but no way. There he was and there was
someone with him. Hmmm, and I thought to myself, "I think I have
seen him before."

So I quickly introduced myself, "Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de
bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your new forever
home. Here you will have no more pain or suffering. You will run on
green grass forever and have lotsa friends. Did I mention de fun and
games? Nice to see you again Barnaby."

The little fuzzy hesitantly spoke, "My name is Samuel and my friend,
Barney here told me all about this place and how I was gonna get wings
and all sorts of neat things and how we was gonna get to drive trucks
and do fun things like that. Do you think you could fix me up so I
could feel better like Barney here? Barney says you know Daddy. Have
you met him? He says you know just about everything."

I replied, "Samuel, I have never met your daddy. I have heard lots
about him. And I don't know everything. But the Boss does, now HE knows
everything and everyone. As for feeling better, you were fixed the
minute you crossed the bridge. In a few minutes we will go to get your
wings. But first, Barney, where did you get your dispatch from; who
gave it to you? Because it is quite unusual for us fuzzies to have a
long visit on earth."

Barnaby replied, "Oh it was Dexter that gave it to me when I said I
was lonely for home. So he just issued me a special dispatch."

(Hmmm, I thought to myself, maybe I am gonna have to get me one of
those dispatches--I have never seen one; I haven't ever been home. So
what am I doing wrong? And how did Dexter get his paws on them?) But
we had other things to do right now, So I told Samuel and Barnaby that
we must leave. So we went down de garden path to de Wing House where
de wings were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big
box--of course. Samuel opened de box and took out the wings--green with
pink streaks. I helped him on with his wings and Barney adjusted his
halo. Then he ran to the big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection.
Then he turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Daddy could see me now.
Thats when I gots an idea.

We started to leave there when to his surprise, he was met by Samantha,
Sandy, and Mareta. Oh my he was so happy to see them. (So was I; at
least Dexter had got the correct species and the correct family). Then
we went down the path to the Misting Pond. We sat down beside the cool
clear water and with one swish we saw the vision of Daddy Richard
appear. Samuel got so excited he started waving and dooking with all
of his might.

"I love you Daddy. Thank you for loving me. I has beautiful wings now
and soon I will be able to fly. I found some of my other friends here
and they are gonna show me the trucks and other things. So we are gonna
have fun."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you should
read this it should have landed there. And with another swish the
vision was gone.

We left there and went up the road and all of the fuzzies insisted they
had to show him the marvelous truck depot. Here I thought we were going
to the cottage, but they had other ideas, so we ended up there. Of
course this was where the party was at. Fuzzies were running in and
out. The picnic was set up outside. I nibbled at some of the delish
food. Then we went in to look at the trucks. By then all had taken off
their wings; no use to bend them. Barnaby was showing Samuel the
fanciest truck which was gonna be his for the time being and then Sam
hopped in, but before he took off, I knew I was out of my element here
(I never cared much for the trucks), so I gave Samuel a hug and waved
to all a goodbye. I grabbed a couple of snacks at the outdoor picnic.
Then I flew off to my cottage.

Now how to figure out how to get a visit home and one of those precious
dispatches.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter