From:
Heidi Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:26:46 -0600
Hey to all my fellow ferret lovers

I have a problem that I am sure is not new to FML, but I am, so here it is.
I have a business of 3 ferrets, and they are all trained very well not to
bite.  However, recently my 2 year old neutered male, Mocha has started to
bite my roommates, and our guest feet!!!  He has never bit before, and he
is biting hard enough to draw blood.  At first I thought it was the sock
fetish, so I recommened to my roommate to take his socks off.  That most
certianly did not help.  I've tried bitter apple and similar products, with
no results.  I've tried squirt bottles, I've tried rewarding play biting,
even distraction techniques and nothing has worked.  I am strongly against
negative reinforcement, the ones that result in a pain responce, I belive
this leads to futher aggression, but what can I do.  The stange thing is he
does not dare to do it to me, just everyone else.  And Mocha has lived with
me and my roommate since Mocha was 7 weeks old.  Help from anyone would be
great!!

Thanks in advance.

-Heidi
-Mocha, Zoey and Taz