From:
Richard G Ardern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:49:05 +1200
My comment on food is if you won't eat their food why should they.  I
try all but the fresh raw meat that goes to feed the ferrets or my dog
,Including some foods that were so bad I would never buy them a second
time , and didn't get used.

For all those worried about food if it tastes like very plain biscuits or
bland ,and leaves no nasty after taste it is usually ok to try your animals
on it.

most tinned food should taste like bland stew or similar (no salt / low
salt) you can even identify some meat by taste (liver YUCKKY) and if it
tastes off you as a human can usually get cheaper treatment than your pet
or handle it better ,So try it (TUX by Friskies is almost nice).

Yes I am serious about being willing to eat what you feed your animal ,even
though this would be a punishment for a lot of bad ferret owners, if people
were made to try pet food before feeding it to their pets the quality of
pet foods would go up an awful lot.

For all those that haven't tried cheap cat food  don't ,just buy better.

Care for all fuzzies

Richard Ardern