From:
"pat l." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:09:59 -0400
ok.I just have to put my .02 in on this one.

I understand about ferret math sneaking up on you and wanting two more
fuzzies.  BUT.....you are going away to college and you are asking someone
else to take care of your babies while you are gone.  Think about it..is
this really fair to them to ask them to take on 4 ferrets when they agreed
to take on 2 already?  seems that is taking advantage of them.  I would
love to have another ferret or two but because of financial considerations,
I have decided to wait.  I have two now and taking on any more would be
unfair to the ferrets.  What if I adopt another ferret and it gets
sick?..hell..I can't afford medical care for the babies I have now much
less a third one.  What about your babies needing play time?  Are they
going to be able to receive their playtime if you add two more to the
bunch?  What you are asking your parents to do for 2 years is alot.  They
will be financially supporting two ferrets for two years....food, toys,
medical, ect.  That is alot too ask and then you want to get two more and
have them care for those also?  why not wait till you are out of college
and in a stable job before getting more fuzzies?  Be content with the two
you have till then.  trust me..in two years, there will still be ferrets
around that need homes.  Do the responsible thing..the adult thing and
don't get two more ferrets now.  Wait till you are on your own and then
add to your "business" of ferrets.

Dooks!!!
Pat L.