From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:01:51 -0500
FFDRI is still on Disaster Alert and we will most probably remain in that
status until this coming weekend as another storm front has been predicted
to move into the Northeastern United States.

Thus far we ran into only one problem area: Checking Airports, Airlines and
Cargo Airlines for animals that may have been stranded because of the storm.
However, reports are now coming in regarding the above.  Unfortunately we
never considered the Airports in contingency planning (and from the reports
I have received HSUS Disaster people didn't either).  We shall endeavor to
correct this.

We want to thank Legion of Superferrets for pointing out the Airport
problems to begin with: Thank you ROSE SMITH.

We did not post in Tuesdays FML because we were very busy making phone calls
via land line and also E-Mailing like mad.

Reports of status were coming in at the rate of 8 per hour on my land line
phone.  I was making approximately 5 phone calls per hour ( and that was
only me, it didn't include the phone calls others were making and
receiving).  E-Mail was quite busy also and even though AOL had a problem
between 5 :30 & 6:00PM yesterday we experienced no setbacks what so ever.

Because you don't see us posting on the FML does not mean we are not working
fast and furiously to check on things.

We will hopefully be able to send you a report this evening telling you
everyone is safe.

Although I know many of you are getting tired of reading our phone number
and many of you have it memorized I'm going to give it here again.  Most
probably you will see it many many more times:

To reach Ferret Friends Disaster Response International: 407-567-0994
(P.S. should our land line ever go down or we must leave our location for an
extended period of time ((over 24 hours)) we will provide an alternative
number

Chere McCoy
Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International