From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 20:23:40 -0500
FFDRI will remain in Disaster Alert Status until this weekend as another
storm is headed toward the Northeastern United States.

Currently most are reporting all are O.K.  We do have people in PA that we
are waiting reports from,  also some in MA.

We did have three rescues last night in Northern Florida (couldn't believe
it) temps at 20 in Tallahasse and 3 ferrets found by the local Humane
Society, but the Tallahassee LASSIE (I love that name) was called and the
ferrets are at this time safe.  The ferrets did experience some problem with
exposure but are under medical supervision at this time and will be in the
LASSIE's shelter safe tomorrow .  Just for your info the LASSIE's shelter is
for Canine - but she has all the ferret info and has had a double decker
cage for some time - so we know the ferrets will be O.K.  Will be checking
on them tomorrow when they are released from the Hospital.

Will keep the FML informed as situations changes

Please keep yourself and your fuzzies: safe, and warm

Chere McCoy
Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International