Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:47:52 EST
Regarding the FML today concerning "One rescue mom talks about
another:"

I am Biscuits' mom...the one who climbed into the dryer some years back
as I rushed around with an emergency concerning my mother and tried to
do too many things all at once. No, silly. I did not climb into the
dryer. Poor curious Biscuit did.

I am STILL afraid of the dryer after all this time. Twice yesterday, I
had to stop the dryer and look in. I pull the laundry out. Or I listen
for that odd thumping noise. One of those times steam hit my face and
glasses as they did on the day I found Biscuits unconscious, bleeding,
steaming body. And the horror and sick to my stomach feeling come back.

He was such a Bozo. Many times after words he tried to get into the
dryer again. They all do. But I will not let anything interfere again
with my diligence.

Rose German was the first to ask how she could help. And she sent thick
padded bedding for Biscuit. I still have it. I just washed it again in
fact. It hold up beautifully. And it was much needed for this ferrets
bruised, burnt, and shaken body.

I still have the card that was sent with the bedding..."from Auntie
Rose" I find it now and then in the drawer and think of this kind lady
I have never met.

Reading about Rose on the FML today reminds me of all the times there
was a need for a raffle through the years. For years,I used to make and
send off ferret art to shelters to put on ebay. Or I would send them to
SOS. Always, Rose would email and ask...what can I do? How can I help?
Or she would already be there doing what she could.

Biscuit recovered his ordeal to live years of joy and floor urination.
lol. He has passed on now. And the years fly by. But what a reminder of
a kind and generous lady with a huge heart.... Rose German.