From:
Kathy Cetron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:40:20 -0500
I've been reading a lot about Frebreez and on the Pet Bird Report mailing
list there has been quite a few reports of bird deaths from this product...
P&G is aware but is not pulling the product.  I have birds also so will not
use it.  Birds have a little bit different metabolism than ferrets but I
think this problem still warrants concern in ther ferret community.  Maybe
not immediate but long term lung problems may come to light...why risk
it..just use club soda and white vinegar like I do..no problems..and the
point about P&G testing on animals should not be taken lightly...it is true
many mammals have suffered at P&G's testing facilities and for what??  To
have a new cleaner??  Please think twice about supporting this company.

And since I clip bird nails also..the easiest and cheapest and most common
product to use is corn starch...just pick up a glob and press it on the
nail..hold for a few seconds and it should coagulate the bleed...works for
me everytime..

Happy New Year to all of you and your fuzzies,
Kathy