From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:23:18 -0600
Well, Elizabeth is finally back in San Angelo, Texas, but it hasn't been
easy.  While Columbia did not get the bad weather as badly as some slightly
north of us, it did play nasties with Elizabeth's trek back to fire school.
Elizabeth's flight was cancelled, as if we could get down our road to try
and trek I-70 to KC last Saturday (which we couldn't; even our neighbor's
monster 4-wheel drive truck was in the ditch).  On Sunday, after making
said trek, it was apparent Elizabeth would not be leaving until late
Monday, which had two nasty side-effects.  1) She would go over on leave,
which in itself is not so back, but 2) she would have to start her training
block all over again which would have kept her down in Texas for an
additional month.  So, being the fantastic person I am, I drove her down,
stopping only for gas (chile and petrolatum), arriving some 1000 miles and
16 hours later.  Needless to say, her CO was so impressed he gave her the
day off to show me around the fire school to see some of the training.
Hot stuff!

The drive back, delayed for some needed sleep, was uneventful and much less
hectic.  Sorry for not stopping or seeing anyone, but I had way too much to
do back here in Columbia, and losing three days was more than I needed or
planned.  In any case, I survived the winter storms and will be back on
line (and ICQ) for your flaming pleasure.  Flaming pleasure, get it?
Firedog Elizabeth?  HA!

I have a mailbox full of questions to answer, many on Marshall Farms for
some reason, and a couple on iron.  I guess I will have to read back on
some of the past FMLs to see what fun I missed.  Right, like anything on
the MF debate can be fun.

Bob C and 20 Mo' Tired As Can Be-ers