From:
Brett and Melissa Lapham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 1996 14:00:04 -0700
Hi all, and hope everyone and their fuzzies had a good Christmas!

Well, I don't know if this has been discussed, but I haven't seen this
problem posted here before.  For the past 2 weeks or so, our 7 month old
female has developed an interesting problem.  Teeka has started peeing where
ever she is, literally.  We've found it on our coffee table, the floor, and
today she walked right on top of her mommy and left a yellow trail.  She is
not straining when she goes, just seems to be somewhere and just lets go.
Needless to say, this is something we're concerned about.

We've called our vet and he said sometimes ferrets do this, for some
unexplained reason.  We were originally worried she had a bladder problem,
but she's acting normal other than that.  We clean the litterboxes several
times a day and we've been using the same litter for quite some time, so
we've ruled those out.  Of course, we're still watching her to make sure
she's drinking and eating.

Has anyone else had this happen?  We've been told it can be an indefinite
phase they go through.  Hasn't happened with our boy Jasper.  Anyone got any
ideas?  They would certainly be appreciated.

Our thoughts go out to all the sick fuzzies and their humans, and all those
missing their babies.

Brett and Melissa
Jasper and Teeka
Happy dooks to all and to all a good night!

^^---^^
  / \