From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:01:05 -0500
I had a conure for 13 years, during which time I developed an addiction to
ferrets. ;)  Since I also had two cats, I never clipped my bird's wings.
During the day when we were home, Corey (my conure) was always out of his
cage.  He also had several playpens aroung the house - his favorite was
on top of the fridge in the kitchen, where he could keep an eye out for
tidbits.  His cage was suspended by a chain from the ceiling, so no
"predators" could get to him during the night.  Corey kept a watchful eye
out for the cats and the ferrets, although he and the ferrets pretty much
ignored each other - they existed at different "altitudes."  Corey actually
used to tease the cats, swooping down low over their heads to get them to
fall off of whatever they were sitting on as they swiped at him.  It was
pretty funny.  Corey passed away a few years ago, and I still miss his
constant chatter around the house.

Nancy and critters