From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 11:03:51 -0600
Hi all!  With the approaching cool weather (I live in Houston, cool being
50F) we are keeping the windows open more and loving it.  Rocket (1.5 yr old
neutered and descented male) is eating like there is no tomorrow!  I can
barely keep the food bowl filled!  He is definitely putting on weight and
his coat is just beautiful.  I have noticed the last week or so that he
smells alot more musky than usual (we bathe him once every couple months but
it isnt time for one yet) I thought maybe it was my imagination but then
someone asked the exact same thing on alt.pets.ferrets.  Have any of you
noticed this phenomenon?  Also, how do you know if your ferret is too fat?
Rocket has a belly on him that jiggles like Santa's!  Last trip to the vet
this summer and he was 3 lbs.  I am going to get a kitchen scale to see how
much he is now but our inacurate bathroom one says 4 lbs.  Well, the vet did
say he was a big boy!!

Diane and Alex (well trained humans)
        Rocket (Gobble, munch, nibble...Mom, Im empty again!)