From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:28:05 -0700
Hi Alan  --

I now have one of the pens complete enough so the ferts cannot escape,
and in the early am -- 5am, say -- I take them out and let them play
before the current heat wave takes over.

So far the tubing is just a ring around the inside of the cage, about
3' up and with sevral Ts, not yet covered with mesh.  One end of the
pipe is on the ground, so they can climb up into the ring.  They LOVE
it!  I am sure that the elevated mesh tunnels will enthrall them too.
I imagine it will be especially thrilling for them to run through the
leaves and tree branches!

So there isn't much to photograph yet, but when I get it closer to
final form I'll put some pix somewhere for anyone who wants to see.
It makes me so happy to see their delight and to hear the
pit-pit-pit-bat-bat-bat-bat-pittery bat bat bat as they run along
the pipe!  And seeing those little faces peeking out -- oh my.  Such
cureness!  Phillipe likes to peek out of one T after another as he
goes around the ring.

>The gang willl also be able to run through the pipe for play.  It will
>have short little Ts protruding from it, looking into the pen.  The open
>ends will be covered with mesh, creating lookouts that the ferrets can
>peer out of.  Also, I'll be able to dismantle the pipe at the Ts in case
>I need to retrieve a sleeping fert.  I got these ideas when I visited
>the MAFF last May and WOW saw the fert play gym made from this stuff.
>They inspired me to do this !!  Yay, MAFF!  I gew up in MAssachusetts
>and it makes me happy the state has such a fine ferret group.

Nell, please send some links to pics of your new ferret paradise
you're building.  This is Alan the builder of the MaFF playground.
I'm so happy I inspired you to build your own playground.