From:
Tony Mastropolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 15:22:17 +0200
I was reading the FML today, and I felt something strange.  It was the cynic
in me stirring a bit, and taking over.  Sorry in advance :)

If Kodo is executed, (that's IF and not when!!) what prevents Karen Burns
and the rest of the MI Fish and Gestapo (they have earned the right to be
called that) from falsely claiming that Kodo does in fact have rabies.

While anyone with half a brain can see from the facts that Kodo is healthy,
it would seem to be in the interest of Ms. Burns and the rest of animal
control to provide a false positive to justify all the time and money that
they spent prosecuting this case.  Then they could say, see we told you it
was in the interest of public health, or some other asinine comment like
that.

I realize that this is an assault on the integrity of Ms. Burns and the rest
of the Michigan Fish and Gestapo, but since hey have continuously provided
false information, to the extent of possibly even perjuring themselves, why
would they stop now??

If the execution does in fact take place, and we all hope and pray that it
does not, I'd suggest that an independent lab validate the possible, even
likely, false positive results that animal control must return to save face.

Hang in there Kodo, you'll be home soon!!

Tony and Nicky, Lucy, Toby, Kayla, & LuLu (and some cats too)

BTW: I understand that the governor does not have the option of staying an
execution because Michigan does not have the death penalty, but he can still
pardon someone and release them from jail!!