From:
"Amy J. Nelson-Mile" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 06:16:22 -0600
Hello!  I have been lurking since January but have finally felt compelled to
write.  (I am currently ferretless since our baby died of insulinoma last
November).

First an obscure ferret reference:

A mystery novel named Bad Chemistry by Canadian author Nora Kelly has the
first reference to a ferret that I have ever seen in a mystery (and I read a
lot of them).  This novel is set in England (Cambridge or Oxford) and when
the police go to talk to a witness in his apartment, something brown and
furry runs across the room.  Then the witness holds down his arm and the
ferret runs up it and looks at the visitors.  Its name is Mrs. Thatcher
(pity).

Secondly, Kodo.

THANK YOU BILL for sending out the unexpected post about Kodo's reprieve.  I
had been crying and unable to work much when I read that the appeals court
had ruled against him (I freelance at home and monitor the Internet a little
more than I should).

I live in Canada, and I have been faxing the Governor and President Clinton
to tell them that this case is being watched internationally.  Granted,
Canada is pretty close, but it can't hurt.  I've also sent my donation to
the legal fund and the media fund (in US dollars--and there's a pretty stiff
exchange rate right now--1.40!!).  I say this not to pat myself on the back,
but to let Kodo's people know that he has friends in Canada too.

Love to Kodo and his people; thanks Bill for all your work.
--
MZ