From:
Marc Lavergne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 1996 03:16:01 -0500
Debbie Riccio wrote on May 9:
>I hate to be a wet blanket here, especially since I used to give my ferrets
>fruit for treats, but fruit and cereal really isn't good for ferrets!
>... I give my ferrets BABY FOOD for a treat!  They think it's great...

I was glad that you wrote on treats. Myself, as well as new ferrets owner
are learning a great deal from more experienced ferret owners on the list
who post regularly.

I give my ferret the treats they like so that is why I am still giving them
mostly fruits or cereals as treats but I am hoping to change their taste
over time to include treats with protein.

My 6 ferrets did not like the food high in protein that I offered them (even
when sprinkled with Ferretone): cooked egg, chicken, chicken or turkey baby
food.  I find it weird that they would prefer pop corn but I guess it is
because the corn content of cat food is high.  I switched a few months ago
to brands of food with the first ingredient listed being chicken or chicken
by- products.

Hopefully, I will be able to find a brand of baby food they like.

Does someone have suggestions to switch them to treats high in protein?
Thanks in advance.

Lorraine Tremblay & the 6 sweet toothed ferrets