From:
Elizabeth Breed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:04:00 CDT
I would like to thank everyone who sent me replies to my question about why
my two spayed female ferrets had swollen vulvas.  After consulting with two
vets who were dubious about possible adrenal disease, I went back to one
armed with all of your messages.  Since 20 out of 21 of you found your
spayed female ferrets with swollen vulvas had adrenal disease, my vet
decided on exploratory surgery.  It turned out both had huge enlargements of
the left adrenals, which were removed.  (He also checked each for an
incomplete spay, which turned out not to be the case.) I am still waiting
for results from the pathology lab to determine if one or both were
malignant.

Thanks so much again.  If it weren't for all of you, my little companions
might not have had much of a future.  Maybe the lab results will show they
still don't, but whatever the outcome, I am still grateful to all of you for
your help.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Breed