From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 07:31:07 PDT
hello all!
i wrote for the first time a few weeks ago when my little babies (keera,
fezzik, nico, and Sir Robbin'-new name) came down with green prjectile
diarhea.

I recieved a ton of helpful posts about whether it is stress, ECE,
bacteria..etc.

To this point it is discovered it isn't stress.  I am about 90% sure it
isn't ECE (of course now that I have typed that it will be) The vet gave
them a stool test and said he found something in there.  I am pretty postive
it was a rotor virus (is that right) and he put htem on meds (flagyl
250mg/10ml h2o solution and they get 1cc by mouth, via syringe, 2x per
day.)plus a juice to make it go down easier...

so here is the deal, they hate it.  the vet warned me.  but i dealt with it
and fought with them to take it b/c they should hav been better in 7-10
days.  we are going on 3 1/2 weeks now and although a better (firmer/browner
poopies) yesterday, fezzik had green porjectiles again!!  i don't know what
to do!

i am goign to call th evet today, but he doesn't seem to understand how hard
it is for me to give these four guys their meds on their own!  2 of them
don't care.  but fezzik and keera act like i am killing them slow and
painfully!!

i have scruffed them, held them everything!

the only thing that seems to work is getting two people (when i can)
scruffing keera (tight...i am afraid i am going to buise her) and while the
holder also takes the ront paws and pushed down, the EVIL medicine giver
covers her eyes with her hand and gives the meds into her mouth (takes from
left side better than right)

she coughs, gags, whines, sqeaks, paws and fights.  no biting.  but has
developed the most horrible habit yet!!  she can regurgitate the meds!

the meds have always caused a foaming at hte mouth (saliva as she tries to
urge it from her mouth).  the vet did recommend blowing on her nose to get
her to swallow.  that helps a little.  but now, she is pushing her toungue
to the back of her throat and trying to stop it from going down!!  then, she
lets out a bit KACK!  and the meds are all over me.  last night, i did this
with her.  2 people.  kind words.  treats and lovin'.

no avail.  she KACKED!  and we were able to get most of it in but when we
put her down for her ritual face washing, she began, stopped, made the noise
again and tossed up the meds in her daddies' lap.  i dont know what to do!!!

any suggesitons what to mix it with.  i've tried things she loves, hates.
i've shown her the others get it too.  it is going on 3 1/2 weeks now and i
think she thinks this is forever and i know she is holding a big gruge.
she is known for that!!

so, any info, would help so so much!
does anyone else have this problem with this med??
does anyone know if FLAGYL and METRONDAZOLE (i think that is the
spelling on the bottle, are the same things??)
thanks!

meg and the resentful babies in NY