From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:46:32 EST
Re: Free toys
>Other "free stuff" ferrets seem to love are crinkly bags (the kind you bring
>home from Wal-Mart) ; A box filled with styrofoam peanuts (this is _ONLY_
>with _constant_ supervision, though - to make sure nobody tries to make a
>snack out of them) is worth at least an hour of fun.  Scraps of pvc pipe

Even better then a box fun of styrofoam peanuts is a box fun of shredded
paper.  This is one of our ferrets' favorite toys.  Actually, it tends to be
more of a cosy nest then a romping area.  I fluff it up every so often for
them.  The wrestle in it, sleep in it, and occasionally dig through it.
While we have some that would try to chow on the styrofoam, paper hasn't
ever been considered chowable by our ferrets.  (Not yet at least!)

The other great free toys we have are cardboard castles (cardboard & duct
tape) and poster tubes.  We have numerous sizes of poster tubes which are
zipped through quite often.  Shopping bags and paper bags can also amuse.

Containers (non-tippable) full of water or snow can offer amusement and are
quite inexpensive.  If you have an area you can clean up well, containers
full of sand or dirt (wet it slightly if the sand or dirt is bone dry) are
an excellent choice.  Watch your fuzzy turn into a crazed digging machine.

Re: Loss
There seems to have been quite a number of those crossing the Rainbow Bridge
as of late.  My ferrets' and my sympathies go out to any who have lost
friends, furred or not, lately.  I sincerely wish that you and your friend
will cross paths again someday, whether it be in this life or another.

Re: Ferret Glossary
>Hi guys!!  For those who are interested, there is a WONDERFUL site available
>which has a "Ferret Glossary" on it ...
>http://www.worldgate.com/%7Epsmith/glossary.html

It's kind of funny.  I wrote the original ferret glossary, included in this
webpage, so long ago (long ago in ferret time, of course!) that I forget
about until I see a note about a ferret glossary or run across the link.
Thanks for the reminder.  It brings back a lot of fun memories.  :)

-kim, squirt (yawwwwwwwwwn!), pippi (the original Queen of the Thieves),
 atlas (kibble-n-bits, kibble-n-bits, I GOTTA get me some more
 kibble-n-bits!), and jinx (fur shadow)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.