From:
Gail Shochet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:15:11 -0500
To the person who asked about toys, well, I have four ferrets and they all
like different things:

Pixel likes things which jingle and make noise--her favorite thing is a
small dumbell-shapped baby rattle and a jingle ball.

Elie likes the crinkle sack, but probably just to hide from the other
ferrets, poor old dear.  In his younger days he was a toe-fiend.

Pepe (a.k.a. Jaws) is a chewer, so of course he loves Cheweasel.  He will
also play for hours with a sturdy plastic bottle.  I laughed myself sick the
other night when he got hold of an empty bottle of Dep hair gel and was
dragging it around and trying to get it out the (mostly shut bathroom) door.
He kept getting it caught between the door and the jamb and losing it, then
going back and picking it up again.  Eventually it ended up under the couch.

And... I have finally discovered what tiny shy Kiaya likes--ping pong balls!
I found some that look like tiny baseballs, basketballs, and soccer balls,
and she goes nutso over them, batting them away, chasing them, wrestling
with them, etc., etc.  The other ferrets will occasionally join in.  My
husband thinks I should get them little team uniforms :).

     Anyway, that's my .02.  Take care, and happy ferreting!

     Gail Shochet, Kiaya, Pepe, Pixel, and Elie Wiesel