From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 1994 09:17:40 -0500
Howdy!

        A few brief comments-

>From: [log in to unmask]

>        Junkies die of AIDS or infections, or amyloidosis resulting from
>improper technique.

--I hope Dr. Williams was joking when he said this.  You do not contract
the HIV virus from poor INJECTION technique, which was the issue he raised

>        When I graduated from vet school in 1985 I was married and 40,000
>dollars in debt.  The most anyone would offer me to start, after 7 years of
>schools was $24K per year.

--There appears to be an inverse relationship between education and salary.
 The current average salary for a post doctoral research position in the
sciences is around 22,000.  Pretty bad when you consider that it takes and
average of ten years of university education to obtain a Ph.D.