From:
Kelly Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:29:38 EDT
I am fostering a four and a half year old insulinomic ferret for our shelter
and he is an absolute darling.  (he's had two surgeries in the past six
months because the first vet botched the job because he wasn't ferret
knowledgeable, this was just before he was turned in to the shelter) The
problem is I am afraid to give him treats.  It breaks my heart when he looks
at me with those big eyes when I thought he was asleep and he catches me
giving the others raisins.  He loves duck soup but I put banana baby food in
it for taste and I know banana's are very sugary and not a good idea to give
to him and Nutrical which is molasses based.  Any suggestions on what I can
give him?  He doesn't like Cherio's or salmon flavored pounce treats and he
is living with a two year old fert who I don't want to give treats to either
should Jake smell raisins on his breath (they both get seperate play times
than the rest of my group because my younger boys are relentless and harp on
the poor dears) I just read something about a food dehydrator...can I give
him dehydrated banana's???  I thought by dehrdrating stuff it concentrated
the sugar....???  What other kinds of things can I give him?  What about
hair ball remedies????

Thanks
Kelly & The Savvy Seven + Jake