From:
Tatia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:38:26 -0500
Hello all,

I am writing for a ferret buddy of mine who has a ferret with all the
symptoms of an adrenal gland tumor.  One of her other ferrets has
sucessfully gone through the surgery about a year ago - so she has dealt
with this before.  She recently took Pee Pee (interesting story about the
name...) to her vet and he immediately said "adrenal" by her symptoms.  So,
they had the test done but it came back negative.  She is not sure what to
do next.  The vet said "wait and see" but she doesn't want it to get bad
before she takes action.

My question is...has anybody else out there had this happen to them?  If so,
any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  She went to the
Univ. of TN Knoxville (we are in Memphis) for the first test and surgery,
but her vet has been practicing the operation and says he can do it for her
this time.  We just don't know if she actually needs it or not.  What should
the next step be?

Please email any help directly to me and I will pass them along to my
friend.  Thanks in advance.  Have a great week.  Kisses to all the fuzzies.
Tatia Johnson