Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 08:32:10 EST
Hi everyone.

Just got in our latest shelter kid and I am digusted, angry and sad.  Why?
This ferret came in 1 month shy of being 4 in raging insulinoma AND he was
declawed.  According to his former owner - he was declawed at 10 weeks of
age.  This little guy, a handsome chocolate ferret, was horribly mutilated
as a baby for no good reason - she said that this was just something she
did to all her inside animals.  The worst part of the mutilation is that
he only had 4 toes - one toe on each foot had been completely removed!

Thank god that his mobility is not affected, but its like watching someone
walk on his knuckles.  The reason he was turned in?  His seizures for
insulinoma are so bad, she "just can't take it anymore" and cant afford the
surgery.Pardon me, you're more willing to dump the problem off on someone
else just so you dont have to deal with it?  ARGHHH!

Please anyone who is thinking of declawing - DON'T.  I am taking pictures of
this poor little guys feet and will soon be on the webpage.  Its (especially
this case) just mutilation.

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"