Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 18:24:26 EDT
Here it is, Sunday, supposed to be a day of rest......Instead, I am:

Waiting anxiously to hear about the shredding kits in a petstore in NH (I
so hope they can be saved!);

Adopted out a kit (6 mo old black sable with all shots);

Took in 2 more (Blaze and albino boys - 2 years old - no shots - previous
owner said the vet told them "ferrets don't need shots" - both ferrets were
crawling with fleas!  Yuck!  estimated at 60-70 fleas per ferret - they
spent 30 minutes each in the bath)

And finally, tried to help with a ferret that was purchased from a petstore
a month ago that just gave birth.....and no milk is flowing......

In between all this, tore down, disinfected, mucked and changed bedding in
13 cages, plus gave meds to the sick girl, did laundry, and went grocery
shopping.....

So any of you that ever wondered what might happen at a shelter, this is a
pretty good example! :)

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Please note my email address - its different.  Used to be
"[log in to unmask]" (one "r" )- now its "[log in to unmask]" - (minus the
last "e").

RESUMING REGULAR FML CHAT.......

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"