From:
"Michael \"Mick\" Schmid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 01:20:56 -0400
Well, my area has finally been "blessed" by the opening of a PETCO.  My
fiancee and I went in there today, and were less than thrilled by them.

The ferrets were being kept in a locked hexagonal cage, maybe three feet
wide.  The hammock was knocked down and all five were attention starved.
No employee seemed to know much about them, two were outright scared,
the assistant manager did not even know where they were from (not MF-no
tattoos) .  No litterbox, just litter on the floor.  When I talked to the
assistant manager, who was cleaning the cage floor, she seemed not to care.
She said that the cage was what the company gave them, and the "won't be
there too long before someone buys them anyway".  The hammock was dangling
by two straps, and I eventually had an employee open the cage back up so I
could reattach it.  Not even a thank you for my troubles.

Can someone send me the corporate address, both snail mail, and e-mail if
available.

I'm willing to even give up one of my days off to work there and maybe
educate them on proper ferret care.

Michael "Mick"Schmid
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead)