Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:40:35 EDT

It is too late for my Wolf.  I was not told in time.  The fibrosarcoma on
his neck is around his throat, up to his ear, and and down his back.

But there was a female vet at Midwest Bird and Exotic Animal Hospital
in Illinois in Westmont or Westchester
Phone number:708-344-8166

She knows a vet hospital in Wisconsin that has the best shot of getting all
the cancer out.  It spreads into muscle, skin, tendons.  But they have some
equipment that detects where the cancer cells are, and then surgically
removes what must go.

She may know of places other than in Wisconsin-or know who to call.  Chemo
is not a good idea I was told.

Wolf has had 4 surgeries now.  It prolonged his life so far about 2 extra
years.  He has been bopping around happy as could be and recovered quickly
from these surgeries.  Surgery every 3 to 6 months is another option: but
more expensive and will still lead to the cancer growing back.

The neck is a good place if it is on the back of the neck.  Give a call.
Could be a vet near you that has the kind of equipment needed.  If Midwest
does not know-the Wisconsin vet hospital should.

Do something soon.  You will not be able to live with yourself watching the
cancer grow - See if you have the option of this equipment in your area.

It tears me up seeing Wolf scratching these lumps.  I wish a responsible
vet had told me earlier about this place in Wisconsin.

Lisette