From:
"Irene E. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 13:12:36 -0500
Dr. Williams - Thank you for your reply to my posting. Granted, the fur loss
did exaggerate the elongated/narrow shape of their feet.  Having said that,
this would not account for the premorbid observations I described.  For
example, the ferrets I referred to had toes approximately 1/4 longer than
those on the ferret pictured for April 95 (The Ferret Calendar.)  At any
rate, like you, the vet who treats my kids thought this is an interesting
observation.  Unlike you, she sees far too few ferrets for her observations
to be of much use.

Dr. Williams, I want to also thank you for your talking with me (a few
months ago) about Koto.  The opthamologists at the Animal Medical Center in
NYC confirmed Koto had limited vision and indicated this would likely
continue to deteriorate. Thankfully, that has not yet happened -- if
anything, her vision has improved!  Perhaps that is because I began giving
her taurine supplements (after having discussed this with the local vet.)

   **Thanks to you and the other veterinarians who post here on the FML!**
   Happy Holidays,      Irene & Kids