From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 10:01:49 EST
Ok, I've stayed clear of this one but since I too had a problem similar I
thought I should relay my experience.  My problem was with my own daughter,
who is 20 now.  Her Father and I split when she was 3.  I remarried when she
was 10.  At age 15 she introduced me to ferrets as she just had to have one
and i fell in love with her Max.  We only had him for 18 months when he left
us.  By then we had Tikki and Hot Shot.  Ferret math hit our house hold
hard.  When I hit 9 ferrets Jamie started having fits about them and my SO.
She made our lives a living hell.  You do this or I'll do that type thing.
Finally when she said get rid of the ferrets or I'll move in with my Dad, I
looked her square in the face and told her to go.  I also told her that I
was spending the rest of my life with Bill and he loves the ferrets as
muchas I do.  One day (and soon) she was going to have her own home and can
do as she pleases then.  Until then she can keep her mouth shut and tolerate
it or leave.  She had her room where the ferrets never went.  Jamie is now
on her own with her own apartment (no pets allowed).  We get along great.
What is strange is that she is as much of an animal lover as I am.  The
whole thing was just a juvenile power playon her behalf.  Children can cause
more pain for their parents than they can ever imagine, but it doen't do
ANYONE anygood to give in.  It's part of life to not always get your own
way.  A hard lesson to learn but one desperately needed to be learned.  Ok,
I'm off my soapbox now :-)   Just think long and hard about giving up the
fuzzies you love so much for someone who won't be there forever.  I Have 19
of the little rascals now and Jamie loves to come over and play with them.

Ferrets, Gotta Love 'Em!!!!!!

Terry and the Naughty but Nice 19