From:
Kym Isear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:29:24 -0500
I can't thank you all enough for all the help and concern I received.  It
helped more than I can say here.  To give you an update, I brought my baby
boy, Oso, to Dr. Doolan on Saturday and 2 xrays later he found Oso's hip
has a fracture!  Please, please don't flame me!  I love this kid and his
sister, they are my kids!  I asked the good doctor how this could have
happened and he said it looked like Oso just twisted the wrong way.  It
could have happened in his hammock and must of because he hadn't been out
of his cage.  I have since redecorated the cage.  He will be fine with lots
of rest, which is doesn't really want too much more of.  I have one bored
ferret but that is a good sign, I think.  He is interested in playing
again, thank goodness.  One good thing came out of this, if it weren't for
that paralysis that scared me out of my mind, the doctor wouldn't have
found the enlarged heart.  It isn't as big as some he has seen but Oso
might be on medication for the rest of his life.  As long as it is a long
one, I don't care.  He is now on Lasix, once a day.  We are going back to
the doctor next month for another x-ray.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to everyone yet, my server was down so I
couldn't be reached.

Kym and Kids

PS Thanks BIG for your forwarding assistance.  And a BIG THANK YOU to my
good buddy Kim at Kista for all her support.  She is one fine
ferret-lovin', shelter-operatin', person.  A fine shelter I might add!
Give Tasha a squeeze for me!