From:
Kym Isear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:24:04 -0500
I'm Kym, the one with Widget, my special little girl who had that seizure
and Prolapse Bowl Syndrome, and her big hearty brother, Oso.  I was lucky
enough to have been chosen 3rd in the photo contest held by Modern Ferret
and our own Mike Janke.  Well, that's Oso in that picture.  Now that I have
introduced my boy, I can explain why.

Wednesday night I came home from work and went to see my kids.  Oso
couldn't come up the ramp to come out to play.  I took him out of his cage
and found he couldn't move his hind legs.  I called my vet and brought him
in Thursday morning.  I left him there and and spoke to Dr. Doolan after
the X-rays were done.  Oso has an enlarged heart, not as bad as some Dr.
Doolan has seen.  Oso may also have a clot in his lower body somewhere.  I
know his circulation is bad, he back feet are cold while his front ones are
warm.  I was given Lasix to give him every 12 hours and must bring him back
to Doolan Saturday morning.  I looked on Ferret Central for some advice but
the only thing I found was Congestive Heart Disease and the symptoms of
that don't really match Oso's.  He is drinking water like mad and taking
the Lasix, a diuretic, well, he is a wet little ferret.  He can move
himself around but not quite in time for the "tide".  I am beside myself
with worry, Oso isn't even 2 yet.  Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

On a lighter note, Widget is doing very well.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Kym & Kids