Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 09:05:07 -0400
Hello to all!

I had an interesting Friday that I'd like to share with you all.

It seems to me that the Ferret Shelters in NJ are just so packed.
Yesterday, a woman did a drop and run of 6 ferrets at a PARROT RESCUE.  OK,
Ferret, Parrot, they sound kinda alike.  The stumpped Parrot Rescue lady,
Gail, called all around trying to find a ferret shelter.  She'a alergic,
and she showed me the hives!  These six were abandoned in Clifton, NJ (home
of the RuPaul show).

Now this is what gets me.  Of the six, all were emaciated, starved, and
severly neglected.  Filthy, a yellow brown albino, oozing ears.  There was
one possible adrenal, and one that had hair loss from what appears to be
stress.  I'm not kidding when I say you could see these guys bones.  For
those of you who have seen my webpage, thinner than Dook E.  Ferret in the
7/99 picture.  Gail the Parrot Rescue Lady was kind enough to cut their
nais, and give them some cat food and water, which they inhaled....

I brought the six to my friends at the shelter.  We cleaned them up, fed
them up, and medicated them up, and I think they will be fine, but
something really bothers me, and I have to vent.  How could anyone do
this!!  Neglect and starve 6 wonderful ferrets.  If I ever did this to my
ferrets, I would want someone to shoot me!!!  The 6 are all very sociable,
so they must have been cared for at one time.  HOW COULD YOU DO THIS, YOU
MEAN EVIL ROTTEN PERSON!!!!!

For a few months now, my friends and I have been talking about starting a
NY/NJ area ferret club.  Now is the time.  Meg, I'm filing the paperwork
today.  We need a band of people that are willing to help in situations
like this, AND TO PREVENT SITUATIONS LIKE THIS FORM HAPPENING.  We need to
make people aware of the responsibilities of ferret ownership.  I have all
of the ideas, goals, mission statement, and organization in my head at this
point.  As soon as I get a chance, I wil put it in writing.

Ladies and Gentlemen, and furries of all ages, introducing the Metropolitan
NY/NJ Ferret Welfare Society.  MetroFerret for short.  If you have any
interest in joining a club for the benefit and welfare of ferrets, please
e-mail me privately.  Remember, think globally, act locally.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone on this topic.  I was actually
planning to relax this weekend, (yeah, right).  Instead, I will be down at
the shelter, making sure that these poor guys get a whole lot of extra
special attention, and making sure that it is not at the expense of the
other 50 that are already there.

PLEASE DON'T NEGLECT YOUR FERRETS, THEY ARE LIVING BREATING CREATURES, AND
THEY DEPEND ON YOU YOU YOU!!!!

ANOTHER NOTE: IF YOU THINK YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO SPEND WITH YOUR
FERRETS, AND YOU ARE THINKING OF GIVING THEM TO A SHELTER, THINK AGAIN.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KEEP THEM CLEAN, HAPPY AND HEALTHY, AND SPEND AS MUCH
TIME WITH THEM AS YOU CAN!  REALLY, HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU THINK THEY WILL
GET WHEN THEY ARE 55TH IN LINE FOR PLAY TIME!!!  THERE ARE ONLY 24 HOURS

Dooks to all!  And thanks for letting me vent.

Tracy & The Fuzzy Bunch (+2)
http://www.members.home.net/mugsy022/TC1/thome.htm